Bangor University is a university based in the city of Bangor in the county of Gwynedd in north Wales. For 125 years students from all over the world have graduated from Bangor and further to achieve great success in their chosen careers.
Bangor University has Innovative research and supportive teaching methods which results in nationwide International Student Barometer (ISB) study 2008 showing Bangor amongst the leading universities in the UK for providing high quality academic and welfare support to our international students.
In addition in the most recent RAE (Research Assessment Exercise), Bangor proved itself to be among the very top universities in the UK. the main overall results for Bangor:
The University was:
• “Ranked Top 10 for teaching quality and learning support”
• “Ranked Top 10 for employ-ability and careers advice”
• “Ranked Top 10 for financial support”
• “Ranked Top 15 for research quality and lecturer expertise”
• “Ranked Top 20 as a multicultural study environment”
With students from over 70 countries world-wide, the city is a thriving international community.
Students pride themselves while studying at Bangor for overall experience and quality of education and lifestyle. Everything in Bangor can be reached on foot, students do not need to purchase a car or rely on public transport. Libraries, lecture theaters, seminar rooms and other academic buildings are located near to each other and within walking distance of the city center and accommodation.
Bangor has over 9000 students, 26 academic schools and over 600 teaching staff and all the prerequisites for international students to feel comfortable in a top educative environment.
Students at Bangor enjoy a low cost of living – cheaper accommodation and lower living costs than in most universities and cities. According to The Independent’s A-Z of Universities and Higher Education Colleges, Bangor is “one of the cheapest places in Britain”.
Main Arts and other Bangor University buildings from Bangor Mountain
Specialty of Bangor University
* The University has one of the largest widening access programmes in the country – the Talent Opportunities Programme.
* This program involves over 1500 pupils in schools across North Wales, and is involved in the Reaching Higher, Reaching Wider programme operating in the region.
* It also runs one of the largest Peer Guiding schemes and enjoys one of the lowest drop-out rates compared to other UK universities.
* Most satisfactory for international students is that Bangor’s Center for Careers and Opportunities Careers is recognized nationally as being one of the most active careers services in the UK.
KRISHNA CONSULTANTS is the one stop solution for all your International Education needs. Our major interest is assisting students to make the right choice with regard to pursuing education in overseas educational institutions while We provide guidance regarding overseas education in various countries, visa assistance and expert coaching for GRE, GMAT, SAT , TOEFL iBT & IELTS.
University website www.bangor.ac.uk/
Image credit : wikipedia