Please be informed that Applications are invited for Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan for 2016.
- This scheme enables Indians of high academic caliber to study in the UK on various masters and doctoral, academic and professional fellowship programmes.
- The India CSFP programme is jointly managed by the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) in the UK, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of the Government of India, the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the British Council.
- Applications are invited by the MHRD for scholarships and the UGC for fellowships.
Level of courses: One Year Taught Master’s Course and Doctoral Degree up to three years duration.
- Engineering and Technology
- Science (Pure and Applied)
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- be an Indian citizen residing in India.
- have completed tertiary education in English medium.
- the candidate should not be more than 40 years of age as on 08.10.2015.
- For Master’s degree candidate should hold or expect to hold the certificate of Bachelor’s degree by October 2016 in the subject field concerned securing 60% or above marks in Humanities and Social Science group and 65% or above marks in Engineering and Technology, Science and Agriculture group.
- For Ph.D candidate should hold or expect to hold the certificate of Master’s degree by October 2015 in the subject field concerned securing 60% or above marks in Humanities and Social Science group and 65% or above marks in Engineering and Technology, Science and Agriculture group.
More guidelines and application form can be downloaded from http://www.britishcouncil.in/study-uk/scholarships/commonwealth-scholarships.
The last date of applying online is 8 October, 2015 (3pm) and complete information is available on http://mhrd.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/UK2016.pdf