Established in 1972
Why University of Limerick?
- Located along the River Shannon, on a 80 hectares site 5 km from Limerick city centre.
- A distinctive, pioneering and connected university that shapes the future of students to meet the real challenges of tomorrow.
- The university has currently in excess of 11,000 full-time undergraduate students.
- There are also over 800 research postgraduates and 1,300 taught postgraduate students.
- It offers excellent academic programmes, undergraduate, full- and part-time postgraduate programmes and research opportunities.
- In January 2011 the University published its Strategic Plan ‘Pioneering and Connected’, which commits to developing a stronger international focus in all areas of UL activity and forging new ways of teaching and learning for students as well as seeking innovations in research that will attract resources while advancing the economic, educational and social development of the Shannon Region and the country over the next five years.
- MSc. Nursing
- Graduate Diploma/M.Tech in Computer Aided Engineering Product Design
- MSc. Software Engineering
- ME in Computer & Communications System
- ME in Aeronautical Engineering
- ME in Mechanical Engineering
- MSc. in Human Resource Management
- MSc. In Finance & Information Systems
Few courses offer scholarships upto 50%.
Complete list of UG & PG Programs is attached herewith.
New Courses – 2013
- MA in Modern Language Studies
- MSc in Advanced Health Care Practice
- MA Guidance Counselling & Lifespan Development
- MSc in Nursing Studies
Bachelors : Standard XII with a minimum of 70%.
Masters : A four-year or three-year honours degree with a minimum overall grade of 60%.
IELTS Requirement :
- Minimum score of 6.5 for Arts, Humanities, Business or Education programmes.
- Minimum score of 6.0 for Science, Engineering, Informatics or Electronics programmes.
with no less than 6 in any one component